Thursday 8 September 2011

The WonderWall Theorem

Sitting here, at 5:31PM the day before le Life Sciences paper two, listening to You’re The One That I Want off the Grease OST. Yes, there is a valid reason to this maddening infatuation, as I shall go on to explain.

Somehow, in my history for the past few years, I’ve discovered a pattern in my love life that can be summed up in two words : wrong timing. I tend to fall for someone at critical moments in my life, especially evident at this point…and I know exactly why. I call this the WonderWall Theorem.

We tend to fall for people, because that love makes us feel good about life. It’s a balm, a salve, a tender band aid to the cruelty of life and its scathing ways. It’s a way to deal with the injustices of society, you and your little happy, heart shaped fantasies. The person I fall for becomes my WonderWall. He don’t save me, though, I save myself getting lost in thoughts of him instead of the reality I have to face.

And that, my friend, is the way of the escapist.

Above all, the most fabulous thing about this is he probably doesn’t read my blog. Which is for the best, he might get scared. Win/Win situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment