Wednesday 21 September 2011

Something's Wrong With This Graph

Life, can be compared to a very annoying function; forever repeating with increasing and decreasing values and turning points. Between turning points, there are usually expositions and dénouements, right? Just like a well-made play’s structure. Yet this isn’t always the case – because life thinks itself a nonconformist teenager, and is often inclined to throw you ‘curve’ balls.

How is it that life can juxtapose highs and lows within literal minutes? Is it nothing but a test of character, to view whether our inner peace can easily be reduced to rubble should the winds of change blow too quickly. Or maybe it’s like that old wives tale – where if you make a funny face and the wind changes…it’ll stay like that. So why is my face not funny? Don’t answer that.

Essentially, I had an amazing night. Truly. It made my heart beat like an 808 – cheesy imagery for cheesy emotions. And I didn’t even pay extra for the extra topping; the cheesy simply came naturally. Obviously, it was about a young man. And, obviously, the low was as a result of this entire issue being suddenly reduced to meaning nothing. Let’s not go into details. However, it’s very amusing to think back – as I stood next to his friend and watched him get into the car, his friend turned to me and said, “Don’t give up.”
“Why?” I asked.
“…because nobody’s ever gotten anywhere by giving up,” he simply replied.

As to whether this advice is still relevant to my love life I cannot say. However, within minutes after receiving a text from my wonderwall saying that there’s no “spark” (which I will write about soon) I received a phone call from a wealthy investment company saying I’ve been considered a finalist for a bursary they’re offering. Wow. I’m going for final interviews blah blah blah soon.

There’s something wrong with this graph.
Maybe there’s no spark, or whoever’s drawing it isn’t very ‘bright’.
So, when I woke up at 4AM after processing these key moments in my life, I’m still not sure how to react. But than again – who needs to react to anything, anyway? Screw the system. I won’t cry or be happy about stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment